MINDFULNESS – A NON-ORDINARY EXPLORATION
Formerly known as Mindfulness for the Yoga-Less, this evolving workshop weekend takes a unique approach to the benefits and development of a regular meditation practice. Our remote human ancestors — people living before the development of cities, literature and technology — dealt with a difficult, mysterious world by developing complex tools and figuring out how life works, pursuits that led to the development of science. But there’s another natural response to life’s discomfort — instead of flailing for answers, we can let go of the need to know and open ourselves to the mystery of things. This second response is the core of the tribal religion of tribal people, often referred to as Shamanism, an approach to seeing life in non-ordinary, highly concentrated mind states.
In this overnight weekend workshop, we tackle the whole sweep of what Mindfulness and Meditation offers practitioners in the modern world by looking back at the global phenomenon of spiritual purification, a core human experience that has occurred all over the world for a long period of time. This weekend combines gentle, restorative yoga therapy for the body, guided Vipassana meditation training for the mind and participation in an authentic Native American Inipi (Sweatlodge) purification Ceremony for the heart and healing, drawing us closer to meditation’s ultimate goal — the deliberate and conscious creation of a positive life.
Saturday, November 10 schedule
• Noon Arrival and Welcome
• Local Organic Vegan Lunch 12-1:00 pm
• Relax, explore the woods, river & retreat grounds 1:00-3:00pm
• Meditation class on the 4 abilities developed by a regular Meditation practice — Concentration, Relaxation, Insights into the Nature of Life and Unconditional Love — coupled with gentle yoga practice 3:00 – 6:00 pm
• Inipi (Sweatlodge) Ceremony 6 – 8:00pm
• Wopila Celebration and Feast 8 - 9:00pm
• Deep Rest and Relaxation 9:00pm
Sunday, November 11 schedule
• Apply Newly Acquired Skills in 2 half-hour Sits coupled with gentle yoga 8:00 – 9:00am
• Breakfast 9-10 a.m.
• Wind down and Close 10-10:30 a.m.
• Option for solo exploration of Lake Michigan beaches and surrounding area
Retreat with Over-Night Stay in shared private room - $225
Retreat with Over-Night Stay in Dorm room - $200
Retreat with Option to Camp - $175
For more information, call 415-577- 7126